Note:

Should you wish to follow the G11 'do it yourself' project from the very beginning, then please start reading the oldest posts first. They are located in the Blog Archive.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

First DX QRP two-way contact on 80m band with G11 DIY : NA6L Sydney to San Diego

Finally, the first QRP DX contact on 80m band has been completed: John, NA6L from San Diego was at the right place at the right time with a monster signal [-10] right on his sunrise. He got me -19 at the best which is just amazing considering my modest setup. We have exchanged emails after the QSO and I was surprised to learn that he is using just 30W into a low dipole. This just shows that timing is everything and persistence is worth many dBs.

I was also decoded by N6OIL, KF1Z [?] and N7JI. Actually, N6OIL decoded me 24 times.

Very happy :-)

I left the G11 on receive overnight for Europeans.

Number of Eu signals were decoded. The monster signal was IK3PQG who (right on my local sunrise) was hitting -3 and was loud in headphones.

I've called him number of times with no luck. Nwxt time for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment